- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling almond extract and eggs; stir until blended.
- Spread in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar, milk and margarine.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour and spread over warm bars.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.