Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wonderful dessert can reduce the carbs even more by using diabetic sugar. Very easy and turns out wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup stick margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine. Add the sugar and stir until smooth and slightly cooled, 2 minutes.
- Blend in the egg. Add the cocoa, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda; stir until the cocoa is fully incorporated, 1 minute. Add the flour and stir just until smooth, 1 minute.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and top evenly with pie filling.
- Bake until the top becomes slightly crusty, 8 to 10 minutes, then sprinkle on the chocolate chips. bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs, about 8-10 minutes.
Tried these this weekend and they tasted great. Thanks for posting this.