No bake, chilled dessert. Posted this for a request in a thread. It's from Taste of Home Quick Cooking Nov/Dec 2001 issue. The pineapple ingredient was added per post request. You can also add strawberries, if desired. Prep time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, softened and divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large firm banana, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup halved maraschino cherry
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1Melt 1/2 cup butter and toss with the wafer crumbs, press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream the remaining butter; beat in confectioners sugar until combined.
- 3Spread over crust.
- 4In another bowl, beat cream, sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold in walnuts, banana, pineapple and maraschino cherries and spoon this mixture into crust.
- 6Cover, refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 7Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate curls and cherries.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Banana Split Pie
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.7
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.3 mg
- Sodium 179.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: