Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
No bake, chilled dessert. Posted this for a request in a thread. It's from Taste of Home Quick Cooking Nov/Dec 2001 issue. The pineapple ingredient was added per post request. You can also add strawberries, if desired. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened and divided
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large firm banana, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup halved maraschino cherry
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- whipped topping
- chocolate curls (my family calls this "chocolate potatoes" because you use a potato peeler to shred a bar of chocolat)
- additional maraschino cherry
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and toss with the wafer crumbs, press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the remaining butter; beat in confectioners sugar until combined.
- Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, beat cream, sugar and cocoa until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in walnuts, banana, pineapple and maraschino cherries and spoon this mixture into crust.
- Cover, refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate curls and cherries.
Delicious and perfect for a kid's baking project on a rainy day! Thanks for sharing!