1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread (Diabetic Friendly)
Miniature chocolate pieces scatter throughout this quick bread, making a little chocolate seem like a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute, baking blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 1 egg, beaten)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 8 maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2Lightly coat the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 4Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, egg, and oil.
- 6Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
- 7Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- 8Fold in chopped cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan.
- 12Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 16 slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread (Diabetic Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 70.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute