Miniature chocolate pieces scatter throughout this quick bread, making a little chocolate seem like a lot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute, baking blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 1 egg, beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- 8 maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Lightly coat the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk, egg, and oil.
- Stir in mashed banana and vanilla.
- Add sour cream mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Fold in chopped cherries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Makes 16 slices.