Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from Light & Tasty. I can't wait to try it.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana (ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Place cherries in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg whites and egg one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the banana, sour cream and vanilla in a smaller bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Alternately add the banana mixture and the flour mixture to the egg mixture mixing well after each addition.
- Drain the cherries and coarsly chop.
- Fold them into the batter along with the pecans.
- Pour into a 9" X 5" X 3" loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted near the center of the loaf.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the pan.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.