Recipe by Nana Lee
These cadies can be made as gifts anytime of the year. However, I think they would make a nice addition to your Christmas gift list and cookie tray. Paraffin can usually be found in the canning section of the store. Actually, hardware stores are the best place to find it.
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 paraffin wax block (1-ounce)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, maraschino cherries, peanut butter, walnuts, coconut, and salt; shape into 1-inch balls.
- In the top of a double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax.
- Insert a toothpick into each ball; dip into chocolate mixture to coat exterior.
- Place onto wax paper to set. Use another toothpick to push ball from inserted toothpick.
- If a hole remains where toothpick was inserted, add a small amount of chocolate coating to cover.