1 hr 20 mins
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This delicious cheesecake comes from the April 07 issue of an Australian magazine called Real Living. The coffee cream is optional. You can serve with ice-cream or whipped cream if you prefer. prep time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g plain chocolate biscuits, such as Digestives
- 75 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico or 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 170c (150c fan forced) and grease a 23cm springform cake tin.
- 2Blend biscuits in processor until crumbs are fine.
- 3Transfer to a bowl & stir in butter until combined, then spoon mixture into your cake tin and press over base & halfway up the sides, using a small glass to roll over it & smooth it out.
- 4Chill for 10 mins until firm to touch.
- 5Place remaining cheesecake ingredients except egg whites into a food processor & blend until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 6Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff.
- 7Using a metal spoon, fold whites into cake mixture until combined.
- 8Spoon into tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until just set.
- 9Remove from the oven & allow to cool to room temperature.
- 10COFFEE CREAM:.
- 11Combine all ingredients in a bowl & beat until mixture forms soft peaks.
- 12Remove cheesecake from tin & dust with icing sugar and serve with you choice of coffee cream, cream or ice-cream.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake With Coffee Cream
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 321.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: