Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cheesecake is very easy to make and has a velvet, mousse-like texture.
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (cookies)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 5 1⁄2 ounces butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 250 g cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (optional)
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- 300 ml cream (lightly whipped to soft peaks)
- 175 g dark chocolate (melted)
- Base: Crush biscuits in food processor and add the cinnamon and cocoa, pulsing briefly. Now add the melted butter and pulse to blend.
- Press into a round 9 1/2 inch springform tin and put in refrigerator while making the filling.
- Filling: Dissolve gelatine in boiling water and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth and glossy.
- Add Kahlua and lemon juice, beating briefly.
- Then gently fold in whipped cream by hand also adding the slightly cooled, dissolved gelatine mixture.
- Lastly add in the melted chocolate, whisking quite quickly to blend with the other ingredients.
- Pour onto base and leave to set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with shaved chocolate. Red glacé cherries also make a lovely addition to the presentation.