Recipe by Evie*
Got this from a magazine many moons ago...
Top Review by ozinchina
My mum and I have been baking this Marble Chocolate Cheesecake for years and it is one of my favourite. So easy to make and delicious to eat and it keep well frozen for traveling. Can substitute 200gms cooking chocolate for the butter and cocoa and reduce the sugar to half a cup. Line the baking tray with grease proof paper or waxed butter wrappers.
- 185 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with cocoa.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, whisk in eggs.
- Stir in sifted flour, beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into greased 16cm x 26cm tin.
- Beat cheese, extra sugar and vanilla together, add extra egg, pour over chocolate mixture, swirl through with knife to give a'marbled' effect.
- Bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool in tin, cut when cold.