This is made in the microwave, but do not fear it comes out awesome!! I got this from a jell-o cookbook that is a very hard find. I wanted to share this with everyone since I had to hunt down the book after I lost the first one. You will thoroughly enjoy this!! I have made it a Christmas tradition cake to bring when visiting, but I also make it year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave* (yes microwave): Combine pudding mix, sugar and milk in 1 1/2 quart microwave- safe bowl; blend well.
- 2Add chocolate pieces.
- 3Cook high for 3 minutes.
- 4Stir well and cook 2 minutes longer, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 5Add vanilla; set aside.
- 6With electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- 7Beat in egg yolks; then add reserved pudding.
- 8Place egg whites in small narrow bowl.
- 9With clean beaters and electric mixer at high speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- 10Gently fold in small amount of cheese mixture to the egg whites.
- 11Fold egg white mixture that you were just working with into remaining cheese mixture that you had set aside, blend well.
- 12Pour into 12 x 7 1/2 inch microwave- safe dish, lightly greased on bottom only.
- 13Place dish on inverted microwave-safe pie plate.
- 14Cook at High 10 to 12 minutes, rotate dish several times (if you don't have a microwave that has a carousel), until evenly puffed across top.
- 15When done, place on flat heatproof surface; cool to room temperature.
- 16Cut into squares if you like.
- 17Store in refrigerator.
- 18*Cooking time is approximate due to oven sizes varying.
- 19**To soften the cream cheese put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- 20It will help greatly!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake- SINFUL
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 206.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g