Prep 17 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is made in the microwave, but do not fear it comes out awesome!! I got this from a jell-o cookbook that is a very hard find. I wanted to share this with everyone since I had to hunt down the book after I lost the first one. You will thoroughly enjoy this!! I have made it a Christmas tradition cake to bring when visiting, but I also make it year round.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejell-o chocolate pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Jell-O chocolate fudge flavor pudding and pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, separated
- Microwave* (yes microwave): Combine pudding mix, sugar and milk in 1 1/2 quart microwave- safe bowl; blend well.
- Add chocolate pieces.
- Cook high for 3 minutes.
- Stir well and cook 2 minutes longer, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Add vanilla; set aside.
- With electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in egg yolks; then add reserved pudding.
- Place egg whites in small narrow bowl.
- With clean beaters and electric mixer at high speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in small amount of cheese mixture to the egg whites.
- Fold egg white mixture that you were just working with into remaining cheese mixture that you had set aside, blend well.
- Pour into 12 x 7 1/2 inch microwave- safe dish, lightly greased on bottom only.
- Place dish on inverted microwave-safe pie plate.
- Cook at High 10 to 12 minutes, rotate dish several times (if you don't have a microwave that has a carousel), until evenly puffed across top.
- When done, place on flat heatproof surface; cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares if you like.
- Store in refrigerator.
- *Cooking time is approximate due to oven sizes varying.
- **To soften the cream cheese put it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- It will help greatly!