Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe is from the Old Iron Inn Bed & Breakfast. It's great for all you chocoholics!
Top Review by Chef Mrs Bridges
These are delicious. The cheese filling came out a bit more solid than I would have liked, so next time I'll use a bit less cornstarch. I used vanilla instead of almond flavouring as that's what I had in the cupboard, but I bought almond essence today to make them again. Easy and quick to make too.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml oil
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 0.13 ml almond extract
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder in large bowl, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; grease muffin tins.
- In small bowl, make filling: beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, almond extract and cornstarch until uniformly fluffy - set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat together milk, egg, oil and extract.
- Add milk mix to flour mix. Mix just until you no longer see any dry bits in the batter.
- Fill the bottoms of muffin cups with approximately 2 Tablespoons batter (about 1/3 full). Dab a spoonful of cream cheese filling in middle of each muffin cup, making sure filling isn't touching any of the sides. Cover up cream cheese with rest of batter, filling muffin cups until they are 3/4 full. Work as quickly as you can, so cream cheese doesn't sink to bottom.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.