Recipe by Evie*
A Canadian friend gave me this recipe a few years ago...if you like chocolate and cheesecakes, this ones for you.
Top Review by s'kat
Chocolate and cream cheese- in other words, heaven in a muffin! These smelled incredible while baking, and were very good straight out of the oven. They were even better after spending a bit of time in the fridge. I added a little white icing on top and took 'em into work- gone in minutes. Thanks for a great recipe! (hint- don't overmix! I overzealously used my KitchenAide, and these came out a little dry. Hand mix just until moistened!!)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 Tbsp sugar until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour,1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, milk and oil.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- (batter should be lumpy) Spoon about 2 Tbsp of batter into each greased muffin tray.
- Drop 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top and then more of the chocolate batter.
- Bake 375F degrees for 20 minutes.