Recipe by Tish
Just got an ice cream maker and this one sounds so wonderful I just have to try it...maybe someone will try to make it too and we can compare notes!
Top Review by Sweetchaos
This is soooo good and sooo rich, but worth it. My husband and I decided we would try to add some half and half to thin it out a bit, but it is to die for. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 pint double cream (heavy)
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces grated milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave. Let cool at room temperature.
- Place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat until soft and smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar and then beat in the sour cream and chocolate followed by the double (heavy) cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix until thick and smooth.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Take the chilled mixture and beat until creamy then transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.