Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Kraft's Food & Family magazine. Allow 4 hours to chill. I have not tried this one yet, but it looks simple and delicious. Reduced fat cream cheese can also be used.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place 1 cup of the sugar in small heavy saucepan; cook on medium heat until sugar is deep golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Pour into 9-inch round cake pan.
- Place 4 of the chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after each minute; cool.
- Place milk and cream cheese in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and melted chocolate; cover. Blend well.
- Pour over syrup in cake pan.
- Place pan in larger baking pan. Add enough water to larger baking pan to come halfway up side of round pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Place round pan on wire rack; cool completely.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before unmolding.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edge of the flan, and invert onto a plate, shaking gently to loosen. (The caramel sauce that was on the bottom of the cake pan will now be on top of the flan.).
- Melt remaining 2 chocolate squares in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Use teaspoon to drizzle chocolate in 5 or 6 random crisscross designs onto a sheet of wax paper; let stand until firm.
- Carefully remove chocolate designs from wax paper and place on top of flan to decorate.