1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Kraft's Food & Family magazine. Allow 4 hours to chill. I have not tried this one yet, but it looks simple and delicious. Reduced fat cream cheese can also be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Place 1 cup of the sugar in small heavy saucepan; cook on medium heat until sugar is deep golden brown, stirring constantly.
- 3Pour into 9-inch round cake pan.
- 4Place 4 of the chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after each minute; cool.
- 5Place milk and cream cheese in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth.
- 6Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and melted chocolate; cover. Blend well.
- 7Pour over syrup in cake pan.
- 8Place pan in larger baking pan. Add enough water to larger baking pan to come halfway up side of round pan.
- 9Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- 10Place round pan on wire rack; cool completely.
- 11Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before unmolding.
- 12To unmold, run a knife around the edge of the flan, and invert onto a plate, shaking gently to loosen. (The caramel sauce that was on the bottom of the cake pan will now be on top of the flan.).
- 13Melt remaining 2 chocolate squares in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 30 seconds.
- 14Use teaspoon to drizzle chocolate in 5 or 6 random crisscross designs onto a sheet of wax paper; let stand until firm.
- 15Carefully remove chocolate designs from wax paper and place on top of flan to decorate.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake Flan
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g