1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cheesecake Flan
5 hrs 10 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Elegant and beautiful dessert for your next dinner party or holiday meal. Prep time includes 4 hours of chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 celsius).
- 2Place one cup of the sugar in a small heavy duty saucepan and cook on medium heat until the sugar is a deep golden brown, stirring constantly to make a caramel sauce; pour into a 9 inch round pan.
- 3Microwave chocolate squares on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute; cool.
- 4Place milk and cream cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 5Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and melted chocolate to the mix in the blender and blend well.
- 6Pour over caramel sauce in the pan.
- 7Bake flan in water bath. (Create water bath by setting the round pan of flan into a larger pan and adding water around the smaller pan to half way up the side of the flan pan.).
- 8Bake 1 hour or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean; remove from oven.
- 9Place round pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- 11To unmold, run a metal knife around the edge of the flan and invert onto a plate; shake slightly to loosen.
- 12Gently twist to remove pan.
- 13Caramel sauce will drizzle down the sides.
- 14Add chocolate garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake Flan
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 110.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g