Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love cheesecke and chocolate, you'll love these. I include these in my Christmas cookie tray and everyone loves them.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir in crumbs and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Press to cover bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, egg, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour over crust and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let Stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife. Store covered, in refrigerator.
- These cookies are best presentted in a single layer.
These are good and rich, like cheesecake should be. I used a 250 g package of cream cheese which worked fine. I have to agree, that day wait makes them better, I think it has time to firm up.
Wow! These are just fantastic. Chocolate and cheesecake how can you go wrong? But seriously, these were incredibly easy to whip up and decadent to eat. I'm so going to have these on my cookie tray for Christmas this year. Thanks Viviane for a delicious dessert! Made this for Spring PAC 2008.
well its amazing how much better these are the next day i would recommend only serving them then. but they are good. i added a little sour cream to mine and a little less sugar (i doubled it and it dissapeared!) very nice chocolately taste, i also used a grahm cracker crust with peanut butter for a little treat. i have made something like this before but this one was much easier! thanks.. .huge hit!