Recipe by *SimplyME*
If you love cheesecke and chocolate, you'll love these. I include these in my Christmas cookie tray and everyone loves them.
Top Review by whatscooking
These are good and rich, like cheesecake should be. I used a 250 g package of cream cheese which worked fine. I have to agree, that day wait makes them better, I think it has time to firm up.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir in crumbs and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Press to cover bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, egg, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour over crust and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let Stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife. Store covered, in refrigerator.
- These cookies are best presentted in a single layer.