Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I Invented this for Thanksgiving dinner, and it got rave reviews! If you have more time to prepare, I would suggest substituting real whipped heavy cream for the Cool Whip. You can also use Kahlua instead of Starbucks liqueur if you prefer. Time does not include the preparation time for the brownies or mousse. I usually make them a day ahead to make things easy on the day I am serving the trifle.
- 1 (20 ounce) ghiradelli double chocolate brownie mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur (like Starbucks)
- 1 (4 ounce) boxmocha chocolate mousse mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheesecake filling (Philadelphia Ready-To-Eat)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 5 crushed Heath candy bars or 5 crushed Skor candy bars
- Make brownies according to directions using the water, oil and egg specified in the ingredients list; and let cool completely. Once cooled poke repeated with fork, then drizzle liqueur over the top.
- Mix up box of chocolate mousse mix according to directions.
- Using icecream scoop, scoop 1/2 brownie pan into the bottom of a large trifle dish in a random pattern.
- Pipe or scoop 1/2 the mousse over the brownies.
- Pipe or scoop 3/4 cup of the ready-made cheesecake over the mousse.
- Pipe or scoop 1/2 of the Cool Whip over the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the Heath Bar over the top.
- Repeat all again ending up with the Heath Bar pieces on top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
A chocolate lovers dream! I made this over the holidays. It was very well received. I also did not use the liquer due to little ones, but it wasn't missed.
Wow! This was absolutely fabulous! It is extremely rich but oh sooooo good! The perfect dessert for when you want something chocolatey and sinful. I served this to company and everyone loved it! It was very simple to make and could very easily be made a day ahead of time. I did leave out the coffee liqueur and I used a Symphony bar (blue wrapper), because that's what I had. This is a keeper! Thank you!