Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very delicious and decadent cheesecake, if you love chocolate as much as I do.....then this cheesecake recipe is for you. It is one that I make quite often, a great never-fail recipe. (note: plan ahead, this cheesecake needs to stay in the fridge overnight)
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a 9-in springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the three crust ingredients; mix.
- Press onto the bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips; stir until smooth; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour, beat well.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until center is set.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 mins.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill overnight in fridge.
- Note: to prevent any drips, place the filled springform pan on a baking sheet in the oven.
chill overnight in fridge? yeah right! this is already fast disappearing and i haven't even got around to taking a picture of it yet - i mean whenever i take it out of the fridge to shoot i end up tucking into it, but hopefully can capture it before it disappears! made as stated except i added a touch of cocoa and i decorated it with a chocolate glaze. thanks for another winner, KC!