Recipe by Amy Duchesne
Impressive to look at, this dessert will surely please cheesecake and chocolate lovers alike! Got this recipe from " Great American Home Baking " And it tastes divine!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- to prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press into 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- To prepare filling, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon HALF of mixture into crust.
- Stir chocolate into remaining half of cream cheese mixture unil well blended.
- Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
- Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan.
- To prepare frosting, in a small bowl, mix together chocolate and sour cream.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Chill briefly until frosting is set.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Baking tips: Cheesecake can be made 2-3 days in advance and kept, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
- Or, the cake can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.
- Defrost before serving.