Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very rich, but trust me it's really worth the calories.
- 250 g biscuits
- 100 g melted butter
- 750 g cream cheese (don't use low fat!!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- 350 g melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- cocoa powder
- Grease and line 24 or 26 cm baking tin.
- BASE: Crush biscuits in food processor and add melted margarine, mixing only until combined.
- Press mixture into greased tin.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and salt, continue beating until smooth.
- Pour into tin.
- Bake 150C for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven, even though it's not set yet.
- Cool outside of refrigerator.
- Cover with foil and chill for at least 24 hours.
- Before serving sprinkle top with cocoa powder.