Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe uses low-fat white cheese common here in Israel. I do not know what the US equivalent would be, as cream cheeses are much heavier. It looks beautiful with its white top layer on top of the brown cake, and tastes best after a day or two in the fridge.
- Knead together biscuit crumbs and butter into a ball and then flatten into a 24cm rectangular pan.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and remove from the heat source.
- Mix together: the cheeses, 1/2c sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and eggs. Add the chocolate until well mixed.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the biscuit layer and bake on high for 10 minutes, then lower heat and continue baking until the cake is slightly inflated around the edges.
- Mix last three ingredients and pour onto hot cake.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cake set in the fridge for a day before serving.