Recipe by bnrees
This recipe came from a friend of a friend. She swears it tastes like it came from a gourmet restaurant and will melt in your mouth. It takes a little more effort as it's cooked in a water bath, but well worth the effort. Thanks Janice and Cavel!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix melted crumbs and butter. Press on bottom of springform pan. Wrap 3 layers of heavy-duty foil around the outside of the pan, bringing foil to top of rim.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Add chocolate, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place cake in large roasting pan. Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake cake until center no longer moves when pan is gently shaken, about 50 minutes.