Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my many obsessions.
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- white chocolate, cut in shavings
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Add eggs; beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches hot water; place in a 350 degree oven and bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.