Recipe by F-16 momma
Chocolate + Cheesecake = YUM! No easier math than that folks. Simple recipe yet great taste. Love this one. Easy to vary/customize too: Add some peppermint extract, top with fudge, oreos, raspberries, strawberries, let your imagination run wild! Cooking time includes time cooling as well.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush cookies to fine crumbs and combine with melted butter.
- Pour into 8 or 9 in springform pan (regular 9 or 10 in pie plates work too).
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Melt chocolate chips according to package in microwave or on top of stove over double boiler.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese and fluff until smooth.
- Add eggs and sour cream and beat until well blended.
- Beat in chocolate.
- Pour into crust and bake 45 min or until edges begin to brown.
- Turn oven heat off and let cheesecake cool in oven with door cracked open for about 1 hours.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hrs before serving.