Recipe by Sharlene~W
This cheesecake is very easy to make with a food processor. It can be made up to 2 days in advance, but at my house it was eaten almost before it had time to chill thoroughly! Delicious! Prep time does not include at least 4 hours to chill.
- 1 package butter cookie (about 7 1/4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sweet marsala wine or 1 tablespoon sweet sherry
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor or blender, whirl cookies to make fine crumbs.
- Pour into a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Then press crumbs evenly over pan bottom and about 1 inch up pan sides; set aside.
- In food processor or blender, whirl half the chocolate chips until ground.
- In food processor or bowl of electric mixer, combine ground chocolate, sugar, and flour; whril or stir to mix.
- Add cheese, then eggs, marsala and vanilla.
- Whirl or eat until well mixed.
- Schatter half of the remaining chocolate chips into crust, then pour cheesecake batter into pan; spread batter level.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake in a 300°F oven until cake jiggles only slightly in center when pan is shaken (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Let cool; cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove pan rim and serve.