Recipe by Catherine Campbell
This is a rich and elegant cheesecake which is PERFECT for after dinner dessert with coffee. And it's EASY!!
For the Crust
- 15 vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 20 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Oil 10-inch cheesecake pan.
- In blender: Combine all crust ingredients and grind until fine.
- Press the crust into the bottom of pan.
- To make the Filling: In a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- In blender/food processor, combine the chocolate mixture, and the rest of your ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool completely, the hardest part.