1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This recipe makes 3 cheesecakes- enough for one for the home and two to give away, plenty for a holiday get together, or a great donation to the neighborhood bake sale. It's also great topped with canned cherry pie filling (my family's favorite) or blueberry or strawberry pie filling. (This trick also hides any cracks if the top of the cheesecake doesn't come out perfect- don't worry, I won't tell) Premade store bought cookie crusts take all of the difficulty out of the prep and sour cream adds an extra touch of creaminess and makes mixing the batter super easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Fluff the cream cheese and sugar in a standing mixer or with hand beater.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, fluffing between each addition.
- 4Add cocoa, sour cream and vanilla to the mixture to combine. HINT: if you mix the cocoa into the sour cream before combining, you can reduce the amount of "dust" the cocoa creates when you add it to the cream cheese mixture and keep your kitchen cleaner.
- 5Distribute the mixture evenly between the 3 pie crusts and bake for 35 minutes.
- 6Turn off the oven after the cooking time has elapsed but DO NOT REMOVE the pies. Leave the cheesecakes in the oven for an additional hour. If the cheesecakes are a bit "jiggly" in the center, that's okay- when cool, the pies should be at proper consistency.
- 7After the one hour additional holding time, chill the cheesecakes for at least four hours or up to three days before serving. Pie lids that accompanied the store bought pie crusts can also be inverted to cover the cheesecakes and they may be frozen for up to two months. Add a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the cheesecake before freezing to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.8
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 168.2 mg
- Sodium 525.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g