1 hr 20 mins
If you like chocolate, and who doesn't, you will enjoy this cheesecake. Cake should be refrigerated 4 hours or overnight before serving. Check cake after one hour of cooking......may need an additional 5 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 nabisco chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups crumbs)
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F if using a silver 8-inch springform pan (or to 275°F if using a dark nonstick 8-inch springform pan).
- 2Mix cookie crumbs and margarine until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of pan; set aside.
- 3Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of the sour cream, the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, flour and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- 5Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- 6Pour over crust.
- 7Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 8Run knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 9Mix remaining 3/4 cup sour cream and the powdered sugar.
- 10Serve spooned over the cheesecake. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g