Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like chocolate, and who doesn't, you will enjoy this cheesecake. Cake should be refrigerated 4 hours or overnight before serving. Check cake after one hour of cooking......may need an additional 5 minutes.
- 24 nabisco chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F if using a silver 8-inch springform pan (or to 275°F if using a dark nonstick 8-inch springform pan).
- Mix cookie crumbs and margarine until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sour cream, the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, flour and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix remaining 3/4 cup sour cream and the powdered sugar.
- Serve spooned over the cheesecake. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Excellent recipe! My very first attempt at cheesecake and it came out perfectly! Very rich & creamy, thanks for sharing!
Delicious! My dh is a chocoholic and I love cheesecake, so this was great! I followed the recipe exactly, the cooking time was perfect. Thanks~