Recipe by Courtly
"Impressive to look at, the dessert with surely please cheesecake and chocolate lovers alike!" From Great American Home Baking
Top Review by noway
This is one of our favorite cheesecakes! I was just going to post it, but I'm glad to see that someone already has it listed. We make it exactly as stated, except mix the eggs in one at a time which gives it a better texture. Also, we use chocolate graham crackers instead of wafers for the crust. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- To prepare filling, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Stir chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Transfer cheesecake to a serving plater, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
- Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan.
- To prepare frosting, in a small bowl, mix together chocolate and sour cream.
- Spread over cheesecake.
- Chill briefly until frosting is set.