Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chocolate cake with a Creamy cheese filling and lots of fruit. Great for pot luck,picnics.Use whatever fruit is in season.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix, using 3 9 inch pans,baked as the box instructs using
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dekuyper butterscotch schnapps
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup buttershots dekuyper butterscotch schnapps
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄8 cup cherry jam, warmed
- Pour 1/2 cup buttershots on cooled cake layers set aside.
- Cheese filling-.
- In a food processor blend ricotta cheese with metal blade till creamy.
- add chips,1/4 cup buttershots,pudding and sugar blend till throughly mixed in.
- Mix the fruit together gently except for 8 strawberries.
- I layered this in a tupperware cake carrier.
- Using the top as the base.
- But you can use a pretty trifle dish.
- Start with 1 layer cake broken and placed on bottom of dish.
- The cake won`t fill in completely.
- Scoop 1/3 of the cheese mixture onto cake.
- Layer 1/2 of the fruit mixture.
- Second layer of broken cake and 1/3 cream then 1/2 of the fruit.
- Top with third layer of broken cake the last of the cream and place the strawberries in a sun pattern on top in 8 rows.
- Brush with jam.
- Chill cake for 2-24 hours.
I made this for a July 4th get-together. It was a bit heavier than I thought it would be, I guess because I am used to a filling with whipped topping in it, but it was good. I didn't have quite enough filling. I ended up with just 5 small dollops on top even though I was very stingy with the other two layers, but I filled in the space with extra blueberries and strawberries. I would suggest using this trifle for a more formal get together because it is rich and decadent.