- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded American cheese or 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup gruyere
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk, as needed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- ice cream or bite-size pieces angel food cake or chocolate cake or cake or graham crackers or ladyfingers or digestive biscuit
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Gradually add cocoa and sugar, and blend thoroughly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add cheese, and blend well.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Gradually add milk until fondue is of desired consistency.
- Add brandy (do NOT stir); immediately ignite brandy.
- Serve over ice cream, or use as a dip.