Recipe by Claire #3
A rich chocolate cupcake topped with cream cheese and chocolate chips.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Uhhhhh, Miss Claire, these dreamy cupcakes can stand up to anything else on the market!!! Absolutely fabulous. I did not change the recipe at all, however, I didn't have the mini chips. I went to YOUR old HEB, but they didn't have them, so I used regular size chips. At the bottom of the bowl, I added about 1/4 cup more chips. Really and truly a wonderful dessert. Thanks.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml white sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.