Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich chocolate cupcake topped with cream cheese and chocolate chips.
Make and share this Chocolate Cheese Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Uhhhhh, Miss Claire, these dreamy cupcakes can stand up to anything else on the market!!! Absolutely fabulous. I did not change the recipe at all, however, I didn't have the mini chips. I went to YOUR old HEB, but they didn't have them, so I used regular size chips. At the bottom of the bowl, I added about 1/4 cup more chips. Really and truly a wonderful dessert. Thanks.
Claire, these are delicious! I admit, I had some question about using apple cider vinegar in a chocolate cupcake recipe, but it does work! I made them exactly like the recipe called for and they were absolutely delicious, rich and flavorful! Thanks for sharing this one, Claire!
I just loved these! The cream cheese topping is delightful. I was generous in my dolloping so had to make another half batch of the cream cheese mix to finish them all. I don't usually eat chocolate things but these are really great and I'll be making them again.