Recipe by Lennie
Kids love this sweet treat, as do a lot of adults. A nifty addition when placing appetizers or munchies out for guests.
Top Review by LeeAnn
This was great - the kids loved it as well as the adults. I melted 3/4 cup chocolate chips and added that to the cream cheese mixture then added another 3/4 cup of chocolate chips too. It was very good - even gave out the recipe to a guest at the party. Thanks Lennie!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- graham cracker (for spreading)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, then the brown sugar, then vanilla; beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball; it helps to put your hands under the plastic wrap to help you form it without getting your hands sticky.
- Place nuts in flat bowl and roll ball in pecans, trying to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with graham crackers.