Kids love this sweet treat, as do a lot of adults. A nifty addition when placing appetizers or munchies out for guests.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, then the brown sugar, then vanilla; beat just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball; it helps to put your hands under the plastic wrap to help you form it without getting your hands sticky.
- Place nuts in flat bowl and roll ball in pecans, trying to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with graham crackers.
This was great - the kids loved it as well as the adults. I melted 3/4 cup chocolate chips and added that to the cream cheese mixture then added another 3/4 cup of chocolate chips too. It was very good - even gave out the recipe to a guest at the party. Thanks Lennie!!
Excellent Lennie! Wow! If I had an option for more than 5 stars, i'd use it! I got raves from everyone at the party. I have never made a "cheeseball" before, because my husband doesn't like cheese, so i always have to disguise it in recipes and the word "cheeseball" does not lend itself to disguise very easily! LOL He does, however, like cream cheese. So when i found this recipe, i knew it would be a hit! I have to tell everyone tho, that while shopping for the ingredients, specifically the graham crackers, i found a new kind of graham to use. I originally knew that i would be using chocolate flavored grahams, but i also spotted the new "Honey Maid Honey Stix". They are PERFECT for the cheeseball! The stix are the size and shape of small baby teething biscuits, are honey flavored with a little sugar sprinkled on top and are strong enough to scoop the cheeseball without breaking. You can also purchase them in cinnamon flavor, which i will try next time (using both of the stix flavors and omitting the regular grahams altogether). I loved this recipe so much that i am making it again for camping this weekend! I could just go on and on raving about this recipe, but i won't. I'll just say to everyone, If you like cream cheese, TRY THIS!!! You will not be sorry!
Creamy, chocolatey, delicious!! And easy to do - a great make-ahead appetizer. I added the melted chips (as in Leeann's review) and it was a great hit at a birthday party. Already gave the recipe out three times!! Will definitely make again for my chocoholic friends! Thanks!!