Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A new breakfast version of your favorite cookie, Chocolate Charlies. This was invented by my 9 year old daughter, Rebekah
- 1 cup complete pancake and waffle mix, like Krusteaz
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped nuts, of your choice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat griddle on medium heat.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a batter bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray before pouring each pancake.
- Pour batter into 4 inch circles, (they will spread a bit).
- Cook till edges are set and center is bubbly.
- Spray pancake with cooking spray, then flip.
- Cook approximately 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to plate and pour both syrups.
- Serve immediately.
This is definitely a breakfast for the chocoholic! Made the recipe & served it up as indicated, & had a tasty meal! Another time I wouldn't mind serving them with a combo of chocolate syrup & either strawberry syrup or a homemade strawberry sauce! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans at the end of this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]