Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Challah (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's
- Set crust on medium and program for Basic or Sweet Bread cycle; press Start.
- At the beep, add the chocolate chips.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
I haven't had a chance to rate this bread for taste, but as far as smell, and shape of end result, it is delicious. :-) Will update again after I taste it.