Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A warming, soothing cup of spiced chai tea, with the addition of chocolate! You can vary the spices; try a combination of cardamom, ginger, cloves, and pepper. Adapted from Lipton.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tea bags, black
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring milk and water just to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Cover and brew 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and squeeze; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.