Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cocoa mix makes a great homemade gift your friends will love during the cold holiday season. Just layer the ingredients in any pretty glass jar and deliver with holiday mugs. This mix is reminiscent of chai tea. Use it alone or to make a rich coffee drink, with or without spirits. (Taken from Relish Magazine; November issue)
- 32 ounces of quality white chocolate, chilled and coarsely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place about 12 ounces of chocolate and vanilla bean in food processor. Pulse until chocolate is granular. Spoon into jars.
- Place about 10 ounces of chocolate and ground ginger in food processor. Pulse until chocolate is granular. Add to jars on top of chocolate/vanilla layer.
- Place remaining chocolate and ingredients into food processor. Pulse until chocolate is granular. Spoon final layer and seal.
- Directions to make:.
- For hot chocolate chai pour one cup hot milk into mug and add 2-4 tablespoons mix. (Be sure to mix the layers before adding to milk.) Whisk well.
- For white Christmas lattes combine equal parts strong coffe and hot chocolate chai (see directions above).
- For white chocolate chai fondue heat 1/3 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add one cup of mix and whisk well. (Goes great with pretzels).