Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a Land O Lakes holiday recipe booklet.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate pieces or 2 (1 ounce) semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons chai tea mix (instant latte type, or use the spice blend listed at the end of this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chai tea mix (instant latte type, or use the spice blend listed at the end of this recipe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottoms only of 3 (5 1/2x3-inch) mini loaf pans; set aside.
- Combine water and baking chocolate in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add chocolate mixture and sour cream. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add all remaining bread ingredients. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients except milk in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Glaze cooled bread.
- * You may substitute this spice blend for the chai tea latte mix. Combine 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves in a small bowl. Use 2 1/4 teaspoons in the bread and 1 teaspoon in the glaze.