Recipe by chia
if you're in the mood for a different type of hot beverage try this one
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This was great! I made it sugar free by substituting Splenda for the sugar and using sugar free candy canes but it was still wonderful! Thanks so much. Now I'm going to do some experimenting to see if I can turn it into an instant tea now that I know the seasonings to use. I very excited by this - thanks so much for the recipe!
- 2 bags black tea (eng breakfast, darjeeling etc)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- whipped cream
- 6 peppermint stick candy (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a saucepan pour boiling water over tea bags.
- cover and let it stand 5 minutes, discard tea bags.
- stir sugar and cocoa into tea, cook over medium heat and bring to boil.
- stir in milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and heat through remove from heat pour into 6 warm mugs, garnish with whipped cream and add a peppermint stick as a stirrer.