Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
It comes from BH&G Christmas Cookies. This recipe includes cocoa and a spice blend of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the boiling water over tea bag in a small saucepan.
- Cover and let stand 3 to 5 min.
- Remove tea bag.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
- Cook and stir over medium heat just till mixture comes to boiling.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Pour into cups.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Gorgeous creamy chai. I stirred in some coconut whipped topping instead of the the cream. I also used less sugar, and tried it a second time with carob- yum, both ways! Thanks!
I have been on the lookout for a good homemade chocolate chai recipe. I have a favorite chocolate chai drink from a restaurant I very rarely make it to. This one comes close. I like mine a little sweeter so I may add more sugar or some honey the next time. I did leave off the whipped cream, though, as I did not have any--that will make a difference on the sweetness too. Overall, very good. Thanks for sharing!
Fantastic fall/winter warmer-upper! Great combination of flavors. Instead of whipped cream, I used a microwave frother with 1/4 cup of the milk and used the foam. I will add some ground cardamom next time, also! Made for Fall 2008 PAC