Recipe by Fernandinho
It comes from BH&G Christmas Cookies. This recipe includes cocoa and a spice blend of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Gorgeous creamy chai. I stirred in some coconut whipped topping instead of the the cream. I also used less sugar, and tried it a second time with carob- yum, both ways! Thanks!
- 1 bag black tea (such as orange pekoe, darjeeling, english breakfast, or lapsang souchong)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the boiling water over tea bag in a small saucepan.
- Cover and let stand 3 to 5 min.
- Remove tea bag.
- Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
- Cook and stir over medium heat just till mixture comes to boiling.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Heat through.
- Do not boil.
- Pour into cups.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.