Recipe by korvus
This is a recipe I found on the Internet in several different places. I love it, though I've found that some people find it too intense to enjoy. If you know someone who likes spicy food, this might not be a bad Valentine's Day treat. It starts off cool and sweet, but is spicy when it melts on your tongue. The ginger on the outside helps give a little bite at the start.
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate, butter and cayenne in a double boiler, or a bowl in the microwave. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Mix in cream and 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar. Stir well. (The sugar will stick together in small lumps if you aren't vigorous about it.).
- Cover, and chill overnight.
- Create a mixture of 1/3 cup powdered sugar, the cocoa powder, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Scoop out the chocolate, one tablespoon at a time. Mold it into balls. (this is messy; get used to it.) Roll the balls in the powder mixture to coat them.
- Put them back in the fridge, until serving time.