1 hr 25 mins
shared by: Caitlin Koch: "Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. This cake is so moist and rich there's absolutely no need for frosting. This cake made me an instant star with my clients. I quickly became known as 'that incredible chocolate cake lady!'" Read top rated reviews at cakerecipe.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and cocoa a 10-inch Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- 2In a large bowl, sift cake mix to remove lumps and aerate. Whisk in pudding mix.
- 3Use 1 spoonful of dry cake mix to dust the chocolate chips to help suspend them, though batter is thick).
- 4In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, oil and coffee liqueur. Beat well.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix until well blended.
- 6Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- 7Spoon into prepared pan.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then run a knife around sides and turn out and cool completely on wire rack.
- 9My notes: I preheat oven to 355° since you lose heat when you open the door. When cake goes in the oven, I reduce oven temp to 345°.
- 10This recipe makes a lot of batter, but it didn’t spill over. The toothpick method doesn’t work on this very moist chocolate chip cake.
- 11Freezing not recommended if you want the chips to remain gooey. Otherwise they may re-solidify.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cavity Maker Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 255.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g