Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made with chocolate, cashews, and more chocolate! Adapted from Home Cooking, these looked so good I'm posting them here to make soon!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 7 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cashews, chopped (may sub walnuts, macadamias, or almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 9 ounces special dark chocolate, chopped (or semi-sweet chocolate)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (1/2 cup after chopping)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (1/4 cup after chopping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch cake pan with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- Bottom brownie layer:
- Whisk in the chopped unsweetened chocolate, stirring until smooth. Beat in sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed with an electric mixer until well-mixed. Mix in flour and vanilla. Fold in cashews and mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on a rack to room temperature before adding the topping.
- Truffle Topping:.
- Pour 1/2 inch of water in the bottom section of a double-boiler and bring to a simmer. Place chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate in the top section of the double-boiler and place on top of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Set top bowl of chocolate aside.
- Empty water from bottom section, add heavy whipping cream and corn syrup. Bring slowly to a boil, mixing to combine. Pour cream mixture into melted chocolate, whisking until smooth. This is the ganache. Let the ganache cool 5 to 7 minutes until it thickens to a custard consistency. Whisk in softened butter. Let cool completely to room temperature, then briskly whisk the ganache until it lightens in color.
- Lift brownies from the pan using the foil. Peel down the sides. Cut the brownies into 1-inch squares and separate the squares about 1/4-inch apart.
- Mix white chocolate chips and cashews together. In a hand chopper or food processor, chop until pieces are no more than 1/4-inch in size.
- Pour chocolate ganache evenly over cut brownies so that it drips down the sides in between each square. Sprinkle with chopped white chocolate and cashews. Let rest at room temperature until chocolate ganache sets up.
- Store chocolate cashew truffle bars in a covered container to keep them from drying out. Serve these truffle squares at room temperature for best flavor and texture.
- Yield: about 72 (1-inch) squares.
These are the best!!! So rich and gooey!!! I wouldn't substitute the cashews - they are awesome in the bars. The only other thing I can say is "Got milk?".