Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted cashews or 1 cup almonds, toasted blanched
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove the chocolate from heat; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Place nuts in a food processor or blender; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped, stopping and scraping the sides as necessary.
- Add butter; process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Serve at room temperature. Use spread on croissants, muffins or biscuits.
We made this spread to go on some homemade muffins. Totally delicious and well worth the few minutes it takes to prepare! Mike
For those Nutella lovers like me, it sounds like this recipe could be done with hazelnuts as well! I'll let you know how it turns out!