1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cashew Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Cashew's and chocolate -- how can you go wrong?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare pie crust for one-crust filled pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- 2Heat oven to 325 F.
- 3In large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- 4Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping.
- 5Stir in remaining chocolate chips and cashew halves.
- 6Spread evenly in crust-lined pan.
- 7Bake at 325 F.
- 8for 45 to 55 minutes or until pie is deep golden brown and filling is set.
- 9Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- 10Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- 11eanwhile, line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- 12In small saucepan, melt reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips over low heat.
- 13Dip each whole cashew in chocolate.
- 14Place on lined cookie sheet.
- 15Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 16Garnish pie with whipped cream and chocolate-dipped cashews.
- 17Store in refrigerator.
- 18To flavor whipped cream, fold in sweetened cocoa mix, grated citrus peel, spices or a favorite liqueur.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cashew Pie
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 262.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: