Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cashew's and chocolate -- how can you go wrong?
Make and share this Chocolate Cashew Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 10 whole cashew nuts
- whipped cream, if desired
- Prepare pie crust for one-crust filled pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and cashew halves.
- Spread evenly in crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325 F.
- for 45 to 55 minutes or until pie is deep golden brown and filling is set.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- eanwhile, line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In small saucepan, melt reserved 2 tablespoons chocolate chips over low heat.
- Dip each whole cashew in chocolate.
- Place on lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream and chocolate-dipped cashews.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To flavor whipped cream, fold in sweetened cocoa mix, grated citrus peel, spices or a favorite liqueur.
wow!! easy to make , really a great pie ,the cashews give it a really unusual but very good flavour! my hubby loved it!! thanks so much!!!!