From the Hershey website. They smell divine and taste even better! I baked them for a Halloween party! You can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with the grated carrots if you so desire!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice and nutmeg.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in chocolate, oil and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and milk.
- Stir in carrots. Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake in 375ºF (190ºC) oven 18 to 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove from muffin tins; cool completely. Spread with Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing.
- In medium bowl, blend together cream cheese and sugar. Blend in chocolate and vanilla. Stir in cream until smooth and creamy.