Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The difference is this one starts with a cake mix -- and a chocolate mix at that. Usually I just see recipes that call for adding a little cocoa powder to a standard carrot cake batter. This one promises some good chocolate flavor and I can't wait to try it. I'm keeping the recipe here for safekeeping.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageduncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Greas a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Beat all ingredients together on low speed for 1 minute using an electric mixer. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the carrots and nuts.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes or until cakes tests done.
- Chocolate cream cheese frosting would be delicious on this cake, but vanilla cream cheese frosting would work, too.