- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Combine the carrots, sugar, and apple sauce and pour the boiling water over them. Let sit while you prepare the rest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Now combine the carrot mixture.
- Pour into a well greased baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.